Online Counselling Services for BC residents
We offer online video-conference counselling for residents of BC whose geographical or time restraints makes it difficult to attend face-to-face counselling.
Online or e-counselling is becoming more and more desirable for those who travel, have hectic or irregular work schedules, but wish
to benefit from regular counselling support. You may be ill or disabled, live in a rural area of BC, foreign country or just feel more comfortable staying at home.
Online video counselling may be the perfect fit for your current lifestyle or situation.
Online counselling works the same as face-to-face counselling. What you will need for online counseling:
- First of all, you must be at least 19 years of age or older to participate in online counselling.
If you are 18 years of age or younger you will need signed parental consent in order to participate.
If you are in urgent need of help we recommend you speak to a school counsellor or if you're in Canada, you can call the Kids' Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868.
- A good quality high-speed internet connection;
- A video camera connected or built into your computer;
- A microphone built in or connected to your computer;
- The free download of Skype is a secure and quality video conferencing application. Download here: SKYPE
- Our SKYPE ID or display name which we will provide.
- A credit card or paypal account in order to make payment for your session.
Contact us today to discuss whether online counselling is suitable for you and to arrange an appointment. Once you make your appointment
you will be required to sign an Informed Consent with respect to the following:
- Confidentiality: All interactions are confidential however exceptions include court subpoena of files; risk of suicide or harm to someone else; disclosure of child or elder abuse; and signed consent of client to release information
- Payment policy: Payment for individual 60 minute session is $75.00; for couples/family 60 minute sesson is $85.00. Payment is to be made before the start of the session via Paypal/credit card.
- Cancellation policy: We require a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel your online appointment.
- Location of Services: You must agree that the counselling services provided by us online shall be considered, for all legal purposes, to take place at the counsellor's permanent location in BC, Canada only.
Lake Country Counselling Home